When Microsoft noticed that the world of processing, analysis and visualisation of data leaves us behind, it has started working on the missing elements for Excel users. In this way, a large range of FREE ADD-ONS appeared, of which most of us – Excel users – have no idea, and which can solve many of our everyday problems. From the time of running it, Microsoft refers to its Excel as BI. In arsenal every analyst has a possibility to download and process the data automatically using Power Query, build a data model using Power Pivot and visualise it using Power View and Power Map. During the training the users will learn what their practical applications are and how they save us time.
Learn how to use Excel add-ons, like Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View and Power Map, in practice.
- How to automate the process of data processing using Power Query
- How to build your own model of data with formulas, which are not available in a standard pivot table, using Power Pivot
- How to present graphic data on a report (power View) and on maps (Power Map)
During the training theoretical knowledge is combined with many exercises from add-ons in Excel BI bundle. Participants learn how to build automate reporting environment in Excel which allows us to review, update and distribute report in a very quick way.
The training takes place in an open form and it lasts 2 days, 7 hours a day. Participants can have coffee breaks, lunch and PC’s.
2000€ for 1 Day / 4000€ for 2 Days
- What does business need?
- Review of the BI tool market
- Excel BI – introduction
- Importing and linking data
- Merging tables
- Transforming columns
- Rearranging and unpivoting columns
- Downloading data from a folder
- Loading data to a data model or table
- Import of data from various sources
- Creating relationships
- Creating a hierarchy
- DAX language
- Creating KPIs
- Using a data model in pivot table
- How does the brain work?
- Table or chart?
- What chart should I choose?
- Analysis of data on maps
- What is a dashboard?
- Managerial and analytical dashboard
- Interactions with data
- Structure of dashboards
- Methods of data presentation
- Adding time
- Saving reports
- Creating video clips
- Add-on options: themes, labels, flat map
- Refreshing of data
days of intensive training
exercises to do by Participants
surprises during the training
pages of materials in the form of a book will be given to each Participant
All owners of Excel 2010 / 2013 / 2016 programmes interested in work automation, expanding possibilities of Excel and creating advanced reports.
- Will save many hours of work creating refreshable queries to reference databases, files and folders
- Will extend the possibilities of Excel, creating reports based on several sources, processing over 1 000 000 lines with any calculations in pivot table
- Will be able to design their own reports in Excel in such a way, that they would convey the most important information in a flash.
- Automated process of data processing which provides an analyst with more time for drawing conclusions.
- Interactive and more functional reports.
- Using new form of analysis of data in the form of maps.